Share To Your Friends

Share To Your Friends

23 Dec 2010

Americanisation

Do you know the one thing that annoys me (on TV) more then anything else is the Americanisation of our TV shows. No offence to the many Americans (2) in my audience but we, the English, take all your great shows ,many sitcoms, such as; Friends, Scrubs, Two and a Half Men, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory and Frasier and don't do anything to them.

 Not that they are not some of the greatest shows ever made, but we have to withstand through some horrible American references that we just don't understand, yet when we give you some great shows that have had great success such as Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmare and his other show Hells Kitchen, Deal or No Deal and Big Brother and what do you do with it ...... you you give it explosions, loud over excited narrators and a preview that takes up half the show. The worst example of this is The Office. Not that I do not like the American version but what was wrong with the English version, so I did a bit of research and apparently their was too many British references and the Yanks would not understand, so Ricky Gervais being the genius that he is makes a American version. In the end The Office has too many British references yet we get your american references in your shows every ten minutes.

As I said before I have nothing against the America shows but we take their shows no matter what, why do we always have to re-invent all of our top draw shows just for IN THEIR OWN WORDS 'the greatest country in the word'. I don't think so.         

1 comment: