Share To Your Friends

Share To Your Friends

28 Sept 2011

Personal Statements

Recently my college has held a few lectures on how to get into university, all the applications, interviews and so on, and one of the main things that have been discussed is personal statements, in which you must write about why you want to do the course you are applying for and why you should be accepted into the university that runs the course, within 4000 characters, which sounds like a lot but in reality it is around 47 lines of writing.

Now I don't have a problem with that, I feel that can be done very easily, my only problem is the specifics of the task, I feel I am gonna end up writing a big piece on (without sounding big headed) why I want to go into the field that I want to go into and also why I want to go to uni. I have listened to the people who were brought in to help us with this task and they said about editing down, but what part am I meant to edit down!, they say what I should do to bring the numbers down, but they don't tell me how to do it, now I know that there was thirty people in the room but it would be nice if they could help me out, I know selfish.

I know in the end that I will get through this and everything will be fine, I'm just a procrastinator, I always leave things till the end, the last possible moment, for example I was meant to have gone to quite a few university open days, according to my college, but I have not been to one and that worries me as I kinda want to go to uni, to make more money, and have secure, happy life (maybe), but hey I still got eleven months till uni but only four till I have to make decisions. Should I be worried...........I'll answer later.

1 comment:

  1. Dude it never makes sense I've been jotting down all things that will sound impressive, and although there isn't much I'm not going to be able to fit it all in 4000 characters, and I would suggest open days there boring and all the say the same thing but at least you get a feel for that uni and look and halls and such. hence the fact I'm going stoke tomorrow for Staffordshire uni :)

    ReplyDelete