All my life I have wanted to live in New York, for all the food and views and probably the main reason. The weather. The way that it is really hot in the summer and snowy in the winter, its predictable and if it was not for my career choice I would move there straight after university.
I love the snow, it is one of my favourite weather conditions, as not only is it the most beautiful but also it brings out the worst and best in people, including myself. By that I mean now that I am enjoying my education I wish it not to snow during term time, especially as it can take me up to an extra hour and a half to my already long journey to collage. This is all caused by people that as soon as the Met Office announce that there are severe weather warnings, some people decide to panic and panic buy, panic plan and most annoyingly for me, panic journey which is either people causing un-needed traffic or in some cases, no word of a lie, try to run away from weather that could only harm them if they were to be on top of a tall, and I mean tall, cliff right next to a rioting sea, but sadly as I live just outside London in the suburbs nothing to fatal will happen.
In the end I prefer my snow, such as it is on the day of me writing this, falling during my time away from collage, as it does effect my plans to go certain places, I do now have an excuse to not only do the third best thing I do, be lazy, but it also gives me pleasure to not only look at other peoples discomfort about the snow not only up close but over social networking sites such as Facebook.
What gives me more pleasure is how my sister is so scared of going out in the snow, as she is scared she is going to fall over, this is not all because of a sibling rivalry, its because I get to for a short amount of time be her hero, keeping her from falling over and I love that opportunity and I take it with open arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment