I am one of those people who to make them self feel better, defines their life on over a certain number of sentences, such as; life is short or everything happens for a reason. I only have two of the life sentences and they are; every action has a reaction and one I thought of myself (not to gloat) your mortality defines your life.
The reason I decided that 'your mortality defines your life' was a good sentence to base my life upon was that it gives a reason to do things to either make my life better or give me a push to achieving goals in life. I could have gone for a more obvious, 'you only have one life, make the most of it' or 'life is short' which is used by many people all around the world to do the same thing as my life sentence, and I do think these are very worthy at achieve that, but I thought not only were these cliché, but I also felt that rather then the thought that your life goes quickly and you that haven't got much time, my life sentence is more about the thought of death makes you want to not waste your life and enjoy it in whatever you do.
I also liked the sentence 'every action has a reaction' which I first heard on a episode of the hit American sitcom Scrubs, and made me think and believe that everything you do in the world, be it something big as miss-using someone trust or just sitting down can effect life and lead to different situations that might not had happened if you had not have done that certain thing, to sum it up in the Scrubs episode 'My Butterfly' they say 'Even the most minor event, even a butterfly flapping its wings, can effect everything', and that is how I feel.
In the end these words are my religion and I know some religious people may for one reason or another find this offensive to compare the Almighty to a couple of sentences, but these are the words I live my life by and as I am not a religious person, neither am I an Atheist, I am a innocent bystander (more about that another time), I feel these are good guides to leading a fulfilling life.
No comments:
Post a Comment