Once again, in a state of a migraine, I have decide once again to watch the Social Network to take my mind of the excruciating pain, and again it got me thinking, this time about lines in the visual media, mainly the obvious. television and film, and how they become part of pop culture and are repeated again and again by many different members of the population of this big blue world.
This is also the case with my friends and I, the small amount that exists, as we quote many different shows that we love to watch, mainly Scrubs (an American hospital based, single camera sitcom starring Zach Braff) and How I Met Your Mother (an another American sitcom based on a so called 'Love Story in Reversed' where the main character played by Josh Radnor explains to his children how he met their mother and stories about his friends), as they are easy to quote and two of, in my opinion, the best shows in the world.
To be totally honest with you I don't why I am typing this on a blog that I kind of want to be.....well read, but its strange how lines in the visual media, more frequently films, stick within culture and can transcend generations and sometimes even lifestyles and become a part of history. Only thing that I don't understand is that if these lines are up there with older lines, such as some old wives tales, how did the 'classic' lines come to stand considering that visual media is only about a hundred years old......that's just something to think about.
Anyway this is not the reasonable standard of blogging that I have come to expect of myself let alone what you two or three readers have come to expect, but the good news is my migraine has gone and I am now going to play Call of Duty in practice for a meeting I am going to to be attending on Sunday and maybe i will get a shot at going into double digit kills, anyway I'm obsessed at this time, Thanks Tom and Ryan.
In conclusion I promise on better in my next post......maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment