The first subject I want to talk about is the biggest sporting subject of the week, being Fifa and the World Cup bid.
In my opinion I totally agree with all that has been said about Fifa, and totally disagree with the two decisions that was made last week, but I can also understand why Fifa decided against us, but I still don't think they are big enough reasons not to give us the 2018 World Cup.
The main reason that they gave us was the British media, Obviously involving the Panorama episode on Fifa the night before the decision. The only problem I have with the Panorama episode is the timing, apparently they had been working on that for ten or more years but they have to bring it out the night before the bid decision. I can understand Fifa's problem with the media but that does not change the fact that we was the best bid and was also shown to be the best decision financially, which was shown by Fifa themselves.
The other problem I have with the with all this is Sepp Blatter, Jack Warner and other Fifa members reaction to our reaction to the bid, calling us sore losers, I think we deserve to be sore losers after the decision they made. It was a wrong one. The only reason they gave it to Russia is that they have personal problems with us and our media, so they turned us down.
So is there a bright side. No. As not only have we lost the change to hold the greatest tournament in the world because of personal disdain, but we have also put millions on just trying to be able to host the tournament, which could have been spent on stopping the plan to raise tuition fees, so people like me can get into university without being in serious debt and putting an end to the teenage protests.
In the end it has cost a lot of time, money and heartache just to be turned down by some anti-English egotistical idiots.
No comments:
Post a Comment